The French Association
In every country, a national organization is responsible for the project and its implementation.
In France, the association Sur les Pas des Huguenots is the unique representative for this project and is responsible for the project at both national and international levels.
The goals of the association are :
- To guaranty the continuity and spirit of the project. To respect the international charter of values and the quality charter. To give the French partners a national structure.
- To provide a link between the various partners concerning matters of content (tourism, environment, heritage, cultural...) and structural cooperation (national and international).
- To be the intermediary between the project as a whole and the local zones for exploration through support for local initiatives.
- To connect with private partners in cultural and tourism sectors.
- To ensure that copy rights for the visual identity and the brand are respected.
- To carry out everyday communication and follow-up for the project.
- To develop new initiatives for communication : new events, new media, new tools, new merchandise...
- To keep an eye on the trail and the related services and bring information and updates to those who wish to use the trail.
The association was created on the 29th of April, 2011 by the project's French partners.
The year 2011 was a transition period. Until the end of the year, joint actions were guided by the various communities that were involved. The responsibilities of the steering committee were slowly developed and it took on national leadership.